2021-22 Season Brings Exciting News for Residents, Visitors Alike
Winter season in the Bozeman and Big Sky areas is always an exciting one, for residents and visitors alike, and this season is no different! With Big Sky and Bridger Bowl Ski Resort now open, Winter Season 2021-22 is now in full swing. Bridger Bowl recently released operational changes for this season, be sure to check them out. There is lots of exciting news in Big Sky as well this winter season, including Montage Big Sky, a brand-new luxury resort, as well as a state-of-the art bubble chairlift recently given the title America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift.
What to Know Before Hitting the Slopes This Year
Many of you are curious what skiing is going to look like this year in the Bozeman and Big Sky area. There are definitely things to know about both resorts that have changed since last year’s season. We’ve put together a list of important items as well as changes since last year’s season; follow the links provided below to see more details on what to expect at Bridger Bowl this Season. Please note that all “current” information is current as of December 23rd, 2021 (time of writing).
Skiing at Bridger Bowl: Changes & Operational Updates
Bridger Bowl opened on December 15th, 2021. Daily snow reports can be found here; follow this link for daily grooming reports and mountain conditions. Also be sure to check out a downloadable trail map, a list of on-mountain skier services and amenities, as well as equipment rental information. All of this information is provided by the official Bridger Bowl Website, more details can be found here.
- Reservations are no longer required for skiing/riding this season
- Passes are no longer being shipped – pick up your pass at the “Online Pickup” ticket window in Saddle Peak Lodge.
- Reload and Reuse your Bridger Bowl Card (BBC) from last year – this season’s purchases will automatically load to last season’s BBC.
- Purchase Lift Tickets, Lessons and Rentals online – save precious time by avoiding long lines and money because some prices are cheaper online!
- Buses are running again this season! Check out midweek, weekend and holiday schedules. Masks are required on buses, no exceptions.
Skiing at Big Sky: Now the Biggest and Fastest Skiing in America?!
One of the most exciting things skiers have to look forward to this season Big Sky’s brand-new Swift Current 6 chairlift. Not only is this state-of-the-art 6-Place Chairlift the fastest in America, providing a whopping 50% increase in uphill volume, it also includes luxurious features such as a weatherproof bubble enclosure, ultra-wide heated seats, and individual headrests and footrests. The Swift Current is truly a sight to behold. To put it simply, Big Sky skiers get to ski more often and more comfortably. Additional information about this year’s ski season is as follows:
- There are 22 lifts open as well as 133 skiable runs as of time of writing. The tram is now open. For updated resort conditions including a snow report, trail report, and grooming report, click here.
- Big Sky partners with local businesses to offer world class service. This includes but is not limited to:
- If you are already in Big Sky or planning a trip, be sure to check out a host of local events happening this holiday season as well.
Big Sky’s New Majestic Mountain Getaway: Montage Big Sky
Just a few days before time of writing on December 15, 2021, Montage Big Sky opened its doors to guests for the first time. This highly anticipated resort features an incredible on-mountain location, ski-in ski-out access, and a plethora of amenities. Thoughtfully designed and carefully constructed at the base of Lone Mountain, Montage aims to embody the world-class spirit of Big Sky while providing a truly memorable Montana experience for all guests. Just a few details about this incredible resort:
- Ski-in, ski-out access to Big Sky Resort (downhill) as well as Lone Mountain Ranch (Cross Country & Nordic).
- Compass Sports, an on-site outfitter that provides equipment fitting, repair, lessons, lift tickets, trail maps, and more.
- 139 beautifully designed guestrooms, suites, and luxurious residences. More information about accommodations can be found here.
- Seven unique dining options, all in-house, suitable for all guests, no matter the season or occasion. From “après-ski pub favorites and fresh sushi to wood-fired Northern Italian classics for an evening of fine dining.” Click here for a full list of Montage dining offerings.
- An alpine-inspired spa featuring signature services like facial therapies, advanced skin care, massages, and more.
- Fitness center and studio area with an array of classes and equipment.
- Events and offerings for all seasons – not just a ski resort!
See You on the Slopes!
With almost everyone at Hart Real Estate being skiers, we are definitely stoked for this season. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from all of us at the office. If we don’t answer our phones, it’s probably because we are skiing (don’t tell). Well, what are we waiting for? See you on the slopes!