The world of personal finance is advancing as quickly as ever. Things like electronic payments, online banking, cryptocurrency, and mobile portfolio management are just a few examples of how technology is transforming the way we manage our finances. That being said, the risk of scams, fraud, and identity theft is higher than ever. It is our goal at Hart Real Estate Solutions to be Your Trusted Guides; and we believe that protecting your personal financial information is absolutely essential. Shared below are tips for managing your credit, and preventing fraud, avoiding scams, and securing your finances.
- Fraud Protection: Using Bureaus to Place Fraud Alerts
- Contact one of the three nationwide credit bureaus.
- The credit bureau that you contact will contact the two that you did not contact for you. This process is entirely free.
- Be sure the bureaus have your current address and contact information so that they can verify your identity as well as get in touch with you.
- The bureau will explain to you all of the information that they can provide to you as well as supply you with a free credit report.
- Fraud alerts typically last one year. Make sure to mark the day that you place the alert so that you can renew the alert after the year is up.
- Information on the three national credit bureaus is below: