Livingston Real Estate Guide Real Estate
About 26 miles east of Bozeman, Livingston currently has a population of around 7,400. The town is located along the Yellowstone River and offers proximity to Bozeman, Chico Hot Springs resort, the Boiling River, Mammoth Hot Springs, Paradise Valley, and the Gardiner entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
LIVINGSTON AT A GLANCE
Originally a small trading post named Benson’s Landing, the Northern Pacific Railway (NPR) arrived in 1882 and renamed it Clark City after contractor Herman Clark. Later that same year, Clark City was moved three miles upstream to its current location and was officially renamed and incorporated in honor of NPR stockholder Johnston Livingston. Livingston served as a central point in the Rocky Mountains and the NPR’s railroad shops to service the steam trains before beginning their ascent over the present-day Bozeman Pass. Livingston also became the first gateway town to America’s first national park, Yellowstone National Park, which attracts millions of visitors every year.
Despite being a small town, Livingston provides many diverse culinary experiences— with a 1950s-style drive-up eatery, Montana’s Rib & Chop House, a sushi restaurant and several breweries, there’s a little something for everyone. The area also offers many activities for both residents and tourists, including fly fishing, tons of hiking trails, camping, rafting, skiing, and dogsledding. Come see why so many people call Livingston, MT home!
LIVINGSTON MT HOMES FOR SALE
- Bozeman Real Estate Guide
- Belgrade Real Estate Guide
- Big Sky Real Estate Guide
- Gallatin Gateway Real Estate Guide
- Three Forks Real Estate Guide
- Livingston Real Estate Guide
- Manhattan Real Estate Guide
- Baxter Meadows Community Guide
- Baxter Meadows West Community Guide
- Bridger Creek Community Guide
- Black Bull Community Guide
- Flanders Mill Community Guide
- Southbridge Community Guide
- Springhill Reserve Community Guide
- Sundance Springs Community Guide
- Valley West Community Guide
- 2019 Market Report